I finished up the quilt that I showed a sneak peek of in my last post. It was really fun to custom quilt this one, and the chevron rows gave me well spaced zig zag sections to play in with my free motion quilting.
I used a wool batt for this one, which makes it lovely and soft even though densely quilted. However, it did shrink more than I expected, and for the modern look of it, I would have preferred a good polyester batting that wouldn’t have changed the texture very much. I still love it; it just ended up looking a bit differently than I intended after it was laundered. But every day is an adventure!
I’ve ordered a handy tool to make the half square triangle process less stressful. I will let you know how that turns out. But for now, I’m taking a break from those things!