INFORMATION FOR LONGARM CUSTOMERS DURING THE COVID19 SITUATION:
I am still taking quilts for longarming, with precautions:
1) Quilt top photos can be emailed to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and consults re stitching designs and threads will be done online or over the phone
2) Quilts can be dropped off in plastic bags that are big enough to enclose everything in them as they will sit for several hours before I open them, just to be safe.
3) I am only taking quilts from one client at a time – when I know I can quilt it and get it back to you within a few days – with pre-arranged drop off arrangements. You will receive it back in the same bag you bring to me.
I do machine quilting for others in my home studio (no smoking, no pets) on my Gammill Statler Stitcher long arm machine.
If you’re interested in having me quilt for you, here’s some info you’ll want to check out, and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me 🙂
Turn around time is currently approx. two weeks. Please book as far in advance as possible for special occasions to avoid disappointment. I’m happy to put you on my schedule even before your quilt top is finished if you’re concerned about a time frame once it’s done!
I offer computerized edge to edge quilting at various price points, as well as custom quilting services which may include either hand guided stitching, computerized stitching, or a combination of both, depending on your quilt top, your design preferences and your budget.
**Please note: the quilting will show on your backing. I use thread that blends with the quilt top – just as a hand quilter would – and I generally use the same/similar color for top and bobbin threads.
$60 minimum charge for all quilts, all pricing includes thread
Edge to edge quilting: starts at 2 cents per square inch (L x W x .02) for basic open designs and pricing will increase depending on density
Custom quilting: prices are dependent on the complexity of the quilting desired and special requests such as thread color changes, adapting to appliqued designs etc. Please contact me for a consultation and estimate based on your particular quilt and design choices.
The following may be subject to additional fees:
- Oversized stretch fleece backing (such as Minky, Cuddle, etc.)
- Backings that require me to trim or straighten them before loading the quilt
- Quilt tops or backings that are excessively wrinkled and require treatment before loading
If you have a very small project such as a cushion cover, please contact me to discuss pricing.
PREPARING YOUR QUILT:
- Please have your seams completely sewn and secure at the ends, threads trimmed, and top squared and pressed so all seams are flat. These things will help your quilt top remain smooth and stable when pulled taut for quilting. As well, excessively wavy borders/edges can interfere with a satisfactory end result. If you are unsure of any of the above, please feel free to contact me with questions!
- Backing and batting: please cut each of these 8″ wider and 8″ longer than the quilt top itself (ie. if quilt top is 80X90, backing/batting should be min. 88X98) and ensure backing is squared and cut straight on all edges. I do charge a fee for trimming backings and batting if edges need to be straightened before loading or they are too big (more than 10″ wider than quilt top) as excess can cause issues when rolling the quilt. Pieced backings with horizontal rather than vertical seams load more evenly on the long arm frame.
- I usually have batting available for purchase if you don’t have your own: Quilter’s Dream 80/20, Quilter’s Dream Wool, and Quilter’s Dream poly select (when available)
Below are some photos that show my custom quilting style. For more examples of the work I do, including some edge to edge projects, please visit my Customer Quilts page and check out the completed quilts shown there. Contact Me for any additional questions or information!